looking for 1943 ANYTHING

i heard the bad news about cadillac stopping production in feb. 1942. So now, i am interested in any condition, ANY CAR, any price range but MUST be a 1943. it will STILL be a 60th birthday gift for my dad, born in 43. so please find me quickly. thanks again.<P>also, is there anyway of knowing what month a car was built? i'm looking for october.<p>[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: Rob Meyer ]

Guest leadfoot

Rob -<BR>You are SOL if you are fixated on a 1943 Cadillac. There is no such animal! But you still have a great opportunity to get your dad a nice antique Caddy for his 60th birthday. It just has to be a 1941, or '42, or '46, or '47. All of these are really collectable and nice looking. If there had been a 1943 model, it would look very much like like any of these years. Happy hunting!

Your best bet would be to find a 1943 Military Dodge truck or perhaps a Willys Jeep. Scan traderonline.com or Ebay for a start. Good Luck!

To the best of my knowledge the only cars produced 1943-45 were for the war effort. Seems like there were a lot of Plymouth staff cars and most every thing else was Jeeps, trucks, and tanks

There must have been some corner of the globe where cars were assembled in 1943? Although would one from an axis power be acceptable?

I believe 32DeSoto is on the right track. A military staff car produced in '43 is your best bet for finding a CAR of that year.<P>It will look like a '42, so you will really have to research its history.