'67 wildcat-unique interior smell?

Lapham3

Maybe a bit of a silly question-but as I 'awakened' my cat from it's winter nap the other day and opened the door, that familiar smell hit me that always takes me back to when my dad had his '67 from new. It's not a bad smell, but seems different than any other. I have other years cats-rivs-225 and none are as this is. I'm not aware of any particular '67 factory build materials that would cause this-anybody else notice similar? Dan Mpls. Mn.

It is a slight musky smell with just a hint of freshly cooked corn on the cob? When the car is warm from the sun it wraps around you like you were slipping back into the womb?

It is mold or fungus.

Once I managed to orchestrate a combination of custom gas pedal, rich fuel, and interrupted ignition into an explosion that burned a corner of the rear carpet on my '56 Olds. That one always smelled like hot dogs afterward.

I used to sell Maloder Counter-reactant. It came in two flavors, one for mold and one for tobacco. If this thread goes anywhere, maybe I will buy a couple of cases. It is about 20 bucks a quart.

Bernie

We had the first wildcat from new '67-73 and it always had this smell/aroma. The one I have now is a dry western car that I've had for the last 15-20 years. I can only think of it as something with the carpet padding, but wouldn't think it's a different material from my '65-6 cars