A visit from a cool old Packard

Guest nastyeyes

Guest nastyeyes

Hi everyone. I work at a Ford dealership near Detroit, and this Packard Eight came through yesterday on a car hauler on its way to its new owner in Minnesota. I don't know anything about Packards, but I though you guys might like to check out this great old car and could maybe tell me a little about it. I climbed onto the car hauler and had a good look inside. It seemed to be all original and in pretty good shape, unlike the former Packard plant...post-100223-143142463891_thumb.jpg

post-100223-143142463842_thumb.jpg

post-100223-143142463868_thumb.jpg

Edited by nastyeyes (see edit history)

Looks to be a 1936 Club Sedan but whether it is a regular Eight with the 320 engine or a Super Eight with the 384 I don't know. Note the weights on the ends of the front bumper. This was the last year for the straight front axle on the big Packards and the weights were aan attempt to keep things in check.

1936 Packard 8, a four door sedan with black exterior paint, wide whitewalls with spoke Packard wheels and running board. The interior is done in tan cloth. The car has new door panels and headliner, all new in 2012. The engine is the original straight 8 and the transmission is a 3 speed manual floor shift, Both the engine and the transmission were rebuilt in 2009.

Price: $38,500

Looks pretty much original.

<!-- End description -->