65 GS springs

Guest clamshells

Guest clamshells

I had a local guy for all my spring needs but he's gone. He could dial in a ride height every time. I wanted springs 1-1/4 lower in front and 1" rear. I'll be pecking around for another spring guy in my area, until then I have a question for the board.

I've read the GS with the handling package sits 1" lower than a base Riviera. Anyone know are those springs available in the slightly stiffer + 1'' lower right height?

Thanks,

Clams

Guest clamshells

Update: I found my guy's son in KS they continue to offer 1/4" increments and have all the specs Riv with or w/o air, GS with or w/o air and a heavy duty stock spring option in their data base.

I am thinking of going with the GS specs (sits one inch lower) and going down another 1/4" rear and 3/4" in the nose. Any and all opinions welcome regarding that ride height. I have alignment and clearance concerns, please share your experience.

http://www.coilsprings.com/

Guys, guys, guys,

How many times do we go through this. Gran Sport Rivieras did not have different springs than any other '65 Riviera. :) On any Riviera for 1965, you could order the H2 handling package which included a different height spring and a quicker ratio steering box.

Here's a couple of sentences from an article on the ROA's website that explains "How to ID a Gran Sport.". Written by the Riviera historian himself - Darwin Falk.

The Gran Sport option (A-9) listed for $306.38 and included the 360 hp Super Wildcat dual 4 bbl engine, modified exhaust and transmission, positive traction differential with a 3.42 rear axle, ornamentation and wheel covers. A separate Ride and Handling package (H-2) with 15-1 steering ratio and heavy-duty suspension was available for an additional $37.63.

Guest Rob J

Ed is correct, and I am aware of what he is stating. I guess it's just convenient for most of us to refer to the ride and handling package as the "GS package" That's also how Coil Spring Specialties calls it.

I just ordered some H-2 style springs and Bilstein shocks for my 65 from George Hussey(dr914 on this forum). Ride height should come out to 24" to the top of the wheel well in the front and 23" in the back. George was extremely nice and helpful when I called. Refreshing guy to deal with. He has an ad in the Riview and is a ROA member. He also owns a 65 Riviera!

Edited by vektro (see edit history)

Guest clamshells
I just ordered some H-2 style springs and Bilstein shocks for my 65 from George Hussey(dr914 on this forum). Ride height should come out to 24" to the top of the wheel well in the front and 23" in the back. George was extremely nice and helpful when I called. Refreshing guy to deal with. He has an ad in the Riview and is a ROA member. He also owns a 65 Riviera!

Thanks that information on the height. I'll play with the air ride to determine the best height starting with the 24-23" formula.