Houston CL

RivNut

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/4277475079.html

I was browsing one of my favorite fun websites and came across this '64 Riviera. A couple of things are not quite kosher - air cleaner is wrong and console should be covered in wood - but over all it appears to be a decent car for a decent price. Factory cruise, and power vents as well. IMHO it would look better with silver carpeting. :rolleyes:

The site I look on occasionally is http://www.searchalljunk.com/

Type in what you're looking for. In this case it was 1964 Riviera, and start browsing ads. In it, you can find Craigslist ads, as well as other sale sites, from all over the country. No need to open every CL in the country.

When there's a bunch of snow on the ground and there's nothing better to do, you can kill a lot of time here.

Ed

Silver custom trim was not available in the `64 Riv (unless this is an SCO car). The headliner should be silver, not black. Missing the fender "Riviera" emblem in the pics, etc, etc...This may very well be a nice car regarding significant considerations like body rust, driveline condition, etc...who can tell a "nice" car from an auction turd from just a few small pics? But if one can put together a laundry list at a glance best to proceed with caution. I dig all the cars no matter condition or modifications but dislike to see folks feel taken by a sight unseen internet purchase. Happy, and cautious shopping,

Tom Mooney,

Ed, the air cleaner is wrong for the car, but correct for the engine. He has a 401 in there.[/quote

He is not correct in his ad. Which part is unclear. "original" or "401" - Can't be both; has to be one or the other. Original would be a 425, the air cleaner is off something other than a '64 Riviera. All '64 (and '63) Rivieras had the big flat pancake breather. The taller one could be off ???? or from a '65? Asking him a few of these pertinent questions might give him a wake up call or get him to find out what's really what.

That's correct. (You should switch your pos and neg battery cables - look for threads about the proper way to run them.)

I emailed the seller of the '64 and he told me that he's listing it as it was sold to him. I mentioned what's been disclosed here and he's anxious to find out what he really has and will be getting back to me with engine production codes and data plate info. I'll pass it along as it comes to me.

Ed