65 riv body/fender scripts and wheel caps

Guest onedesertdog

Guest onedesertdog

I don't seem to have the right combo concerning the scripts. Three have Big R's.w/ round pins.1 has small R with round pins, and 1 has small R w/blades. I assume the small R's are correct being one fender and rear area. So I'm missing one? I have 3 nice ones that don't seem to go to my non gs. Pic included.

I also don't have the correct rallye wheel caps. One is thin, and the others are very deep. Are the thin ones correct? Pic included.post-70701-143142377286_thumb.jpg

Also, can anyone ID the booster/mc? It was in the trunk also.

Thanks for any replies,

Buddy

post-70701-143142377282_thumb.jpg

None of the centre caps pictured are correct for a '65 Buddy. They should be the thin style cap, with a black background and a silver 'R' logo. The one pictured is '71 up.

The correct centre cap also fits a 2" dia. hole in the chrome wheel. The ribbed, cone type centre cap fits a 2 1/8" dia. hole, ('66-'70), but screw in retainers are available for either size hole.

Guest onedesertdog

Thanks for the replies guys.

So I'm striking out on the caps. The m/c was just in a box of things, didn't want to toss it before I figured out what it was for. The big R scripts don't go to a 65 Riv then? So I'm missing one small R script?

Thanks as always for your info,

Buddy

The smaller Riviera script is probably for the trunk. Look at the right hand side of the trunk lid to see if there aren't slots for the blades. You'd have to check the pins against holes in the fenders to see which of the others are correct (if any.)

Buddy, The small "R" scripts are for the rear end panel. Buick made both a pin style and blade style during the `65 model year. Check your body to determine which you need. Caution!!! If you have the blade style script be sure to save the rectangular barrel clips which the blades are inserted into. The clips are very hard to find!

The large "R" scripts are fender scripts. The script with the "open" R is correct for first gen cars. The closed script began in `66 on the non-GS cars. Either style script should insert into the fender holes. Good luck!

Tom Mooney