Wheel Covers & 15" rims - '67 Electra

dmfconsult

I'm looking for a nice to NOS set of 4 wheel covers that would be correct for '67 Electra. I'm looking to go back to a more stock look on my Electra to replace the Buick Rallye's on it now. I would also need a straight set of 4 - 15" rims as well. Please let me know if you have wither of these available.

If the rims are located in the PNW, I may be able to arrange pick up to save on shipping.

Thanks for looking!

I think I have the steel wheels; they would be from '70's big Buicks, but I think they'd be the same, right?

I'm not so sure. You will notice that the offset differs for the chrome-plated road wheels beginning in 1971, compared to the earlier models. The standard steel wheels are likely to also be different.

One change in the 1970's was the move to standard disk brakes. I believe that the wheels changed.

Doug, I know someone who might be able to help you. Let me check it out.

Thanks SBRMD, but I think Brian may be right. I will see if I can determine the offsets between different years. I would be willing to take a chance if you were closer. I'll go check my parts book to see if there is a difference.

Much appreciated Brian, let me know if it works out.

I double checked my parts book. Chrome wheels, 65-70 appear to have the same part number while 71-75 have a different part number. I can't find good part numbers for steel wheels on the big cars, but the only 15x6 steel wheels they list appear to be the same part number for 67-70 and a different part number for 71-75. My book is only good up to 1975.

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)

Doug, I seem to have lost your e-mail address.

Do you remember Robert, who was at last year's Puyallup Buick Open? He had the turquoise 1967 Wildcat hardtop. He had replaced the regular steel wheels with a set of incorrect ('71 and newer) chrome-plated Buick road wheels, but he kept the original steel wheels.

The turquoise '67 was totaled by a pickup truck that failed to yield last September, so Robert has searched and recently purchased a replacement '67 Wildcat. His new Wildcat has the correct chrome-plated wheels, and Robert is interested in selling the original steel wheels from his first '67 Wildcat.

However, he may need the steel wheels short-term while he has the correct road wheels refinished. If you drop me an e-mail, I can place you in contact with Robert. Please e-mail me at: brianL@americanconstco.com

Doug, I notice that there are several of the correct 1967 / 1968 wheelcovers you need offered on Ebay.

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...