What Year Is This Dodge Truck?

hddennis

There weren't any Dodge trucks until 1929. Previous to that (1921-1928), Graham Bothers sold 1-1/2 ton trucks in Dodge dealerships (Graham bodies w/Dodge parts). Graham Brothers started building a truck in 1916. In 1919 they offered a "truck builder" (running chassis for mounting a spec built body). I suspect that this unit is probably one of the early Graham built trucks using Dodge engines.

There weren't any Dodge trucks until 1929. Previous to that (1921-1928), Graham Bothers sold 1-1/2 ton trucks in Dodge dealerships (Graham bodies w/Dodge parts). Graham Brothers started building a truck in 1916. In 1919 they offered a "truck builder" (running chassis for mounting a spec built body). I suspect that this unit is probably one of the early Graham built trucks using Dodge engines.

Just to inform.....my books are saying that 1917 was the first year Dodge Brothers produced trucks/screensides or commercial cars. The Graham name was simply dropped in 1928.

post-37352-14314234421_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142344312_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest DodgeKCL

I think we're into semantics. Dodge Brothers approached the three Graham Brothers to build trucks for them and they,the two Dodge Brothers, would "badge engineer" them with the DB name on them, in lieu of going to the trouble of building trucks themselves. So it's my understanding all Dodge Brothers' trucks,Amercian and Canadian, were built by Graham Brothers up to some time in 1929 and then, when Walter Chrysler bought Dodge Brothers from the 2 widows, Graham Brothers sold their truck manufacturing to Chrysler Corp. and Graham Brothers used the cash to go into automobile manufacturing. Graham Brothers truck manufacturing became the Dodge Brothers Division of Chrysler Corp. both in the U.S. and Canada. In Canada the Graham Brothers plant was shut down in Toronto Ont. and shipped lock ,stock and barrel to the Chrysler plant in Windsor Ont. (I do not believe any Dodge trucks are now built in Canada. I believe they all come from the U.S.) Basically Dodge never developed their own trucks independently and Dodge trucks today are really Graham Brothers trucks badge engineered to Dodge. If it were otherwise, every Tom,Dick and Harriet would had to have been fired and the complete plant rehired and trained. I can't see this happening. So there must of been Graham Brothers people who spent the rest of their working life at ,and getting their pay cheque from, Chrysler. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by DodgeKCL (see edit history)