Gaskets

Guest onedesertdog

Guest onedesertdog

Hi everyone. Hope you had a great Christmas.

I've been looking for gaskets for valve covers, carb kit, intake and valley pan, for my 65 super wildcat.

I see a BIG difference in pricing between say Fel-Pro, Victor Reinz, etc. gaskets.

Is one pretty much just as good as the other, or is the price difference for a good reason?

Thanks for the input....

Buddy

I bought a set of fel-pro on ebay-cant remember vender(not blaiming fel-pro)when i got them they looked like they were for a 348 chevy-so if i need anything in that area i buy from BuickRodder.com -Russ Martins buisness,he will also help with questions over the phone.T.N...

I was able to get the Victor Reinz gaskets you need from Rock Auto at a very reasonable price. They carry a wide variety of parts for our old Rivieras. From what I read in the past, many people recommend the Victor Reinz gaskets over the Fel-lPro.

Hello Buddy

I brought cork gaskets from TA Performance in Arizona, they are very good quality. They are listed on the V8 Buick.com website. For carburettor gaskets try Daytona Parts in Florida, They advertise in the Buick Bugle. They sell ethanol resistant gasket kits and I run my Wildcat on regular 10% Ethanol gasoline with a lead substitute added on fill up. The engine seem quite OK with that.

Thanks its a great day here in Sioux Falls and it already feels like summer with a temperature of +20 degrees.

John