AR 500 wheels for a 63

Healeybob

I am contemplating buying a set of AR500 wheels. I am thinking 17". I like wider tires. Anybody know the bs for the fronts and backs? Also can you put 10" on the backs? How about the fronts? Whats the lug spacing? Tire size? Anybody have any pics on a first Gen?

Thanks

Just to clarify for all, here is the AR 500 wheel. post-53315-1431423020_thumb.gif

These come in 17x7, 17x8, 17x9.5 and 17x11. No 17x10. My wheels us a 3 5/8" backspacing, both front and rear. This link will explain a lot. http://forums.aaca.org/showthread.php?t=259824&p=639489#post639489 My car is bagged, so I will not comment on wheel widths to fit one at stock height, but would rule out the 17x11 for the front. It would never turn. The link should answer most of your questions. Will try to answer any remaining if you get specific.

I like that style wheel for my 65. I had my eye on the U.S. Mags version in 17" also until I realized they were a Pontiac wheel mock. Still a cool looking wheel but I lost my drive

The AR500 is slightly different…me likey…I'll be watching this thread hoping someone will post a pic of their Riv with these wheels.

Healybob: I think u misunderstood Steve (steelman) he doesn't have these wheels. Check out the link he attached to see his wheels on his ride…sweet set up Steve.

Regards,

David

Just checked again, and these wheels will not fit the Riviera. They are not offered in a 5x5 bolt pattern. "AR 500(Custom Built), The American Racing 500 is an all aluminum version of the Magnum 500. Available Bolt Circles 5x4 1/2, 5x4 3/4 Center Cap as pictured is included with this wheel." Missed this earlier, so sorry, these may not work. However, these are custom made to order, so American Racing may work with you on a set with a 5x5 bolt pattern. Use this link for more info if needed, or other options.

http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/street_rod_wheels.asp