1918 Buick center door sedan on craigslist $7900

Dwight Romberger

If you enjoy rescuing these poor souls, and have the skills that you have, then you are doing exactly what you should be doing!

My problem is I was under the misconception (or delusion) that I could buy a "project" car and restore it for less than buying a restored car. It worked for me over and over again with houses, why not cars? Well, it doesn't work with cars. Plus, I don't have the mechanical skills that you have.

The guy with the "hunk" made it pretty obvious it had just arrived in his trailer and ready for a new owner. The one in the garage that appeared in better condition couldn't even be treated to having the dirt wiped off or the tires cleaned. What is wrong with these sellers who post pictures of dirty cars, cars with trash and bottles inside, and of course the perennial Craigslist car sunk in the ground? I see quite a few night pictures, too.

And then, just recently, we all got treated to the Craigslist ad where the guy wrote "I'm not stupid." I guess we can figure out why that comment is rare!

My wife says I get way more entertainment out of these things than I should. Happy Thanksgiving. Don't wear your dirty work clothes to visit Mom.

Bernie

I am no expert on 1918 Buicks, but as I looked through BHA documents they have available on this year, apparently someone sold an after=market kit to convert a 1918 touring car to an enclosed vehicle, also a roadster to a coupe. There we both 4 cylinder and six cylinder engines available with also 2 door and 4 door sedans.

John