No 7 AUTO POLISH and CLEANER; where to buy

Guest Irv D

Back in March of 2011 I posted a request to see if anyone had knowledge of where to buy DuPont No 7 Car Polish which was a superior car polish and cleaner. I contacted DuPont, but they were not much help - other than to tell me that they no longer made it and had sold the "rights" to another company who only wholesaled the product to retailers. They were unable to tell me who currently made it, as it apparently was later sold to some other company.

I received several replies from March of 2011 and as recent as a few hours ago. However, none led me to anyplace that I could buy it locally. Places further away were just not that cooperative. I finally found it locally at a Car Quest Auto Parts store. It is also available on amazon.com. I believe others have found it in Ace Hardware stores, various grocery stores, a place called Redner's Warehouse Market in PA, etc. etc.

Bottom line is: It is no longer made by DuPont. It is now made by Cyclo Industries LLC of Jupiter Florida. You can contact them at www.cyclo.com. It is in a plastic bottle similar in size and color to the original DuPont metal can. The bottle is RED, WHITE and GREEN. No 7 is at the top in RED, AUTO POLISH and cleaner is in the middle GREEN part of the label, with the The stock number is: 01110.

For anyone wanting to restore a faded finish - or just to really get an ultimate shine, I highly recommend this product. It seems to be much the same as the original DuPont No 7 polish. Be sure to read and follow the instructions for its use - and I would definitely recommend finishing the job with a good quality car wax.

I buy it on Amazon.

Try an Amazon search of "NO 7 Auto Polish"

I got four 14 oz bottles last spring for $13.26 each from them. The new stuff is a slightly different tan-ish color, but it still smells the same and works just as good as the original Dupont 7.

Visit my website at: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze114b79/id13.html

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Edited by Vila (see edit history)