Company for Painting/Dying Plastic

epriv

Hi, I am replacing the kick panels on my '70. I found nice replacements but they are black and need to have them changed to match the sandlewood interior. Does anyone know of an outfit that can paint or dye these to match?

Thanks,

Mitch

It's a DIYer. Make sure you clean the panels well before applying the cover coat. I've used both SEM Color Coat and a product called Color Bond. After prepping the surface, I use Bull Dog adhesion promoter as a primer before the color. Spray the color on using many light coats rather than a couple of heavy ones.

Ed

Yep, go the SEM route. A local body shop supply store should be able to mix the color you need, and either suppy the dye in a rattle can, or a quart for you to spray via a detail sprayer.

Guest Kingoftheroad

Like Ed & Randy said, its an easy do it yourself job. I bought the dye and sprayed it on with an air brush. The dye I used went on & dried quickly, like primer...

Would that work on the rear seat back (buckets) for a 67? I thought the backs were ABS plastic but they attract a magnet

I thought all the seat backs, bench or bucket, were plastic - maybe some metal in the seat back frame is attracting the magnet ?

If indeed they are plastic, you can very easily repaint them !!