DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS CAR - 71 RIV.

Mr Riviera

The GA ROA RC does not have any information about it, but I did some checking and may have just talked to the spouse of the previous owner? I am pretty sure I did? I was told the PO, if it is in fact the PO, would not be available until the end of the week though?!? I'm not sure that would be helpful to you or not, but the auction doesn't end until Sunday so it might? If I can contact them and put you in touch I'll let you know, or let me know if that is too late for you.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

The GA ROA RC does not have any information about it, but I did some checking and may have just talked to the spouse of the previous owner? I am pretty sure I did? I was told the PO, if it is in fact the PO, would not be available until the end of the week though?!? I'm not sure that would be helpful to you or not, but the auction doesn't end until Sunday so it might? If I can contact them and put you in touch I'll let you know, or let me know if that is too late for you.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Its at 8200 now - past my buying point and has not met reserve yet - Thanks for your effort with this !

No hood ornament on the '72 either, and the '73 has a flush mounted "R" on the front of the nose.

It is a really nice Riv, I like how the side moldings were trimmed on the ends then realized it was no where near correct! I guess since on the '71 they were optional this one did not have them and one of the previous owners added them? Would look better installed correctly, I think anyway.

I called the PO, just because I had talked to his wife, to let him know what I was calling about. I found out some information that the seller kind of misrepresented ...

He owned it for the last 30 years. It was painted 10 years ago and still looked very good, always garage kept. The interior was redone approximately five years ago. I'm not sure when the engine was rebuilt time wise but when it was it had 200K miles on it and at the time he sold it the car was at 318K miles!

He said he had decided to sell it as it didn't get much use any longer, so he had it professionally appraised at $10,500, the appraiser told him not to take less than $9,800. He decided it was time to let it go so he lowered his price because he thought it was going to someone that would bring it back to its original glory. I guess that wasn't the buyers intent?!?

Just thought I would share ...

And I see it sold for the appraised value, the appraiser must have been right on?

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)