29 DB truck seat box

stakeside

I have a 29 DB 3/4 ton "E" truck I am restoring. I have a copy of the DB Parts book for the truck and there is reference to the flareboards and flareboards gusset plates.

Are these the front and sides of the seat box in the attached picture?

Still looking for information on flareboards definition. I am sure the flareboards term is a carry over from the covered wagon dates.

I am asking to determine the difference between the construction of the seat box area of the Express and Panel/Screenside truck.

The Screenside has a walk thru area on the passenger side. This is where the lazy seat or folding seat is located.

The most obvious difference between the seat area is the seat back cushions. The Express and the Grocers Panel have the same seat back cushion in reference to a note highlighted as a Grocers panel.

My Screenside has a drivers side sheet metal drivers seat back and a 6" high a steel kick plate between the folding seat and the bed area.

Any pictures would be appreciated.

Flareboards if I remember right are the portion of the rear of the truck side where it actually flares out. This is your flareboard. I can verify that if I can find the time

Flareboards if I remember right are the portion of the rear of the truck side where it actually flares out. This is your flareboard. I can verify that if I can find the time

I would like to know the names of the sheet metal parts of the seat cushion support box. I would like to confirm that this sheet metal is the same for my 29 DB "E" series 3/4 ton screen side and a Express Cab # 805.

Looking at my at pervious post of the parts lists for my truck I can not see the listing for these parts.