Correct coil springs for '50 Roadmaster 72R?

Buford

I purchased a pair of NOS coil springs at an auction for the rear of my '50 Roadmaster 4-door 72R part #1315231. I've since learned that they may or may not be the correct coil springs for a 72R. Not having access to a parts manual, I'm hoping someone has knowledge of these or a parts manual. Any help is appreciated.

I purchased a pair of NOS coil springs at an auction for the rear of my '50 Roadmaster 4-door 72R part #1315231. I've since learned that they may or may not be the correct coil springs for a 72R. Not having access to a parts manual, I'm hoping someone has knowledge of these or a parts manual. Any help is appreciated.

According to a BUICK MASTER PARTS BOOK 1928-1954, you have rear coil springs that are OEM "regular" correct for the following Buick Estate Wagons:

.....1950-1953 Super (Model 59)

.....1953 Roadmaster (Model 79R)

.....1954 Special (Model 49)

.....1954 Century (Model 69).

They are also listed as being used as a "500 pound overload" spring on numerous 1950-1954 Buick models.

They also may be applicable to years beyond 1954 that I do not have any reference materials to check with.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

post-41556-143142207282_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Al, For the help. Now I won't wonder why my ride height doesn't look right had I put those springs in. Thanks again.

Al Ford

Most stock or well engineered 'overload' springs will not affect the empty ride height; just the loaded ride height. If you travel with lots of tools and parts in the trunk or pile 6 people in frequently, the overloads would be a better choice.

Willie