Signal Stat 900

Guest daytona

I am installing turn signals in my 38 Cadillac. The turn signals now work but now my brake lights do not work. I have the grey/black wire coming from the signal stat 900 connected to the hot side of the brake switch as it says to do and I have disconnected the original hot wire to the brake switch. I have NO power coming out of the grey black wire and I would assume that it should be a constant power to work the brake lights. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?? Thanks , Martin

Looks to me that the 6V hot wire needs to be connected to one pole of the brake switch and the B/G wire connected to the other. When the brakes are applied the brake switch makes and provides power to the Signalstat and brake lites/flashers. If you google Signalstat 900 one of the schematics show the hot lead to the brake switch. The others don't bother, assuming I guess, you would know to leave it connected...................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

Yup, same old story. The distressed call for help (often needing only an obvious answer that the poster was too lazy to research himself) followed by helpful advise provided by forum members at the cost of their own time and resources, further followed by the sound of crickets as the OP is too thoughtless to offer a simple acknowledgement or thank you..................Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daytona

Bob,

Thanks for your reply I thought I sent you a PM with a thanks, I also received several replies on other forums and did thank them I think you unfortunately got lost in the shuffle. Thanks again,

Martin