Headlights and ashtrays - help?

ronbarn

Am looking for examples of the following items:<P>1. Cars which had "flip-up" headlights - this includes units where the whole headlight flipped up, units where the light was stationary and the cover flipped up or any other variation.<P>2. Cars that had some sort of vacuum assisted ashtrays.<P>Am not necessarily looking for the first as much as year, make and model of any such devices,<P>All inputs appreciated. smile.gif" border="0

68 Caprice. flip up door over stationary headlites. Maybe 69 - 70 caprice too. <BR>Corvette nearly all since 63, 36-37 cord. There were many such cars from about 1969 thru late 80's. Dodge Monaco. 65 Riv.<P>Vacuum ashtrays???? mid 50's GM products. Also mid 50's Packard. I'm not real sure it was offered on Packard.

1942 DeSoto and the coffin nose Cords.<P>The Cord's headlites cranked up. I believe the DeSoto's were automatic, but I could be wrong. ~ hvs

Guest c.johnson

'67 & '68 Merc Cougar had flip up headlights operated by an air system. I remember working on my '68 wondering why they didn't work right, until I found where the air line was broken.<P>cj

66-69 Toronado. 66-7 the whole light pod flipped up, 68-9 the headlights were stationary and grilles flipped up. Vacuum operated. Also 1967-8 Eldorado and 66-68 Riviera.<P>1966-70 Dodge Charger. Headlight pods rotated in grille. Electrically operated.<P>1978-9 Dodge Magnum. Stationary lights with clear plastic covers that rotated up electrically.<P>1967-70, 1977-82 Thunderbird. Stationary lights, vacuum operated covers. Also 69-later Continentals and 73-later LTDs.<P>Lotta blind cars running around, eh? That's one thing I can count on when the 69 Toronado goes to a cruise night- "Make the headlights work".<p>[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: rocketraider ]

I had forgot about those StRegises- they weren't common around here except as cop cars and apparently weren't too durable in that service. Most of them ended up in a local junkyard in the late 80s.<P>Agreed- Magnum was a fairly handsome car in spite of its era. Uncle had one and liked it a lot. Wish I'd gotten it when he traded it on a K-car Town & Country wagon that he said was the most miserable POS he ever owned and turned him totally against Chrysler products. Come to think of it- didn't some of those have hidden headlights too?

Has everyone forgotten the Ford products of the seventies ~ the Lincolns, Mercury Marquis, Colony Park, etc. etc.<P>Thought you folks knew about cars!