Two tons of steel

RivNut

Perhaps some of you have seen this video but it's fun to watch and listen to anyway. A group of Dutch Riviera owners put it together with home videos and Buick Ads. If you listen closely to the lyrics its says "..got a V8 engine built in '63" and "with turbine drive" - has to be about a 1963 but most of the videos feature boattails. If you can, turn up the bass on your speakers.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest BigDogDaddy

I loved the video and the song. The part showing a Riv crashing into a crash test wall made my laugh. We are so used to seeing cars crashed into those walls and being destroyed. Then to see the Buick just bounce off of the wall and nothing happened struck me funny. I realize it was a slow speed crash to show how the bumper pushed in and released. But any new car today would have had thousands of dollars worth of damage from that little hit.

Phil

I made that one many moons ago...got some footage in it when I hauled the 73 Riviera from a barn with my 75 Riviera.

WOW, man; great job!

Not that we want them to all go over seas, but I'm thinking that some nice '63 - '65 Rivieras would look good on your streets to go along with your boat tails.

Do you have pictures of any recent events that you could post?

Ed

Guest 75RivGS

Unfortunately we don´t have that many 63/65 Rivieras over here (last year a beautiful 65 GS went to Sweden). I estimate we have 15 63-65 Rivs over here.

Boattails are more seen over here: estimation is 60-70; for a country with the surface of half of Maine that's quite some boattail per sq ml :)

A couple of years ago I organized a Riviera meeting/car show here; had the intentions to do it this year again (2013: 50 years since first Riviera/40 years since last boattail), but holiday (4 weeks/6,650mls USA road trip in a 69 Electra) and my job kept me from organizing.

2006 meeting: