65 dual brake conversion

RIVNIK

Drew,

You can disregard the brake light switch issue which the `63 owners must deal with because the `65 is an electric switch under the dash, not the hydro/electric switch as in `63.

It is a very simple conversion which seems more difficult in print than in reality.

Disconnect the rear brake line from the junction block and, via a union and a jumper line, plumb the rear brake circuit into the rear port of the new dual reservoir master cylinder.

Put a plug in the junction block port from which you removed the rear brake line.

Plumb the front port of the dual reservoir master into the junction block via the position which was connected to the original master.

That`s it! Be sure the depth of the pushrod hole in the new master is the same as your original master and you should be good to go. A very simple conversion, no rocket science here, good luck,

Tom Mooney

Thanks , Tom, I understand the dual MC from a '67 is the proper part to use for the conversion, and that there two different types, but how do you know if you're getting the one with the correct pushrod hole? Obviously you have to remove your original to see what you have but what then? Will the parts guy at NAPA be able to determine which MC to order? And will he have the junction block that I need? Thanks, Drew

Thanks , Tom, I understand the dual MC from a '67 is the proper part to use for the conversion, and that there two different types, but how do you know if you're getting the one with the correct pushrod hole? Obviously you have to remove your original to see what you have but what then? Will the parts guy at NAPA be able to determine which MC to order? And will he have the junction block that I need? Thanks, Drew

The guy at NAPA will not know which MC you need. You need to "pick one" and compare it to your original. If it is the wrong one, get the other one.

Get fittings from InlineTube.com