1989 TC 16V arrives in Michigan

Hi, was doing some web searching and came across this forum -- there are some interesting posts and I'm looking forward to following. I guess I am the newest TC owner in the group because I just bought my Dad's 89 TC this week.

This TC has the 16V-5spd with color combo red-ginger. My dad bought it in Florida in 97 after it was traded in at a dealership in great shape with 37k miles. Has been babied since then and still wears its original paint in near perfect condition; today it only has 42k miles. Just had it shipped to me in SE Michigan so if you see it tooling around the Motor City, honk. I have not seen any TCs driving around here in a while but I am sure there are some hiding.

I still remember driving to Toledo OH in 1990 to test drive this exact engine and color combo brand-new at a dealer. After test driving the 5spd TC and a 70 Challenger 440 on the same weekend, I chose the 70s muscle with bigger engine (and lower price tag at the time). But our family always had a thing for the TC, so when my dad saw this one in 97 he managed to fit it into his garage. And though my garage is stuffed, when he mentioned he was ready to part with it, I jumped at the chance.

Welcome to the club!

I'm also in SE Michigan (just North of Detroit). I have an 89 Yellow/Ginger/Tan with the 8v 2.2. There are a handful of TC's around here, but definitely not very many.

I actually just spotted a red one with a black top up in the Auburn Hills area over the weekend. It's always exciting to see other TC's! :-)

Have fun and enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having!

- Steve

I suppose I'm pretty lucky in SoCal, I see at least one TC a week, saw a light pearlcoat yellow just today:) As far as 16V cars, I've only ever seen one of those 'in the wild' driving the streets of Orange County. Always a bit of a thrill when I see one:cool: Welcome to the forum, enjoy your car, in fact don't be afraid to 'make it yours' by changing a few things around. Just because Dad always kept it bone stock doean't mean you have to;) THe 16V cars respond remarkably well to a good high flow exhaust system...

Alan

Guest FOX49

I'm in Dexter Mi 89 2.2 SOHC Cabernet. Saw a red one last year in Grass Lake and a yellow one near Ann Arbor a week later. In Feb. I saw a white one in Ruskin, Fla.

Ha, I just got your screename 185,it's two scoops of win:cool:! I saw a white TC Masi in Newport Beach last night to contine the minor segway of this thread;)

"My Maserati does 185, I lost my license now I don't drive...":D

BTW, I've had the 'Worlds fastest TC' to right about 145 and that was pretty much all it had...