Model T Motometer ??

hddennis

Looks to me like an aftermarket "flip top" type of cap. I don't think there is really anything that makes it specifically for a Model "T". Flip the bale wire over to the front and the top flips to the rear in order to quick fill. I don't see any threads for it to fit a "T".

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Looks to me like an aftermarket "flip top" type of cap. I don't think there is really anything that makes it specifically for a Model "T". Flip the bale wire over to the front and the top flips to the rear in order to quick fill. I don't see any threads for it to fit a "T".
Thanks for your response John. Go back and look at the base, very oddly shaped and no internal threads. I wondered if the tails of the bail somehow went under the flare of the Model T radiator neck? Howard Dennis

Definitely Model T. The cap slides down over the outside of the radiator neck and the small points get bent in to hold it in place. A small gasket or o ring is used under the lip to keep it from leaking. Aftermarket cap that is quite desirable.

Frank

Thanks to Erik Johnson over at the Model T Forum: It's aftermarket and for a Model T Ford. I have one sitting on the shelf at home.

It slips onto the radiator neck. When you install it, you bend the tabs around the lower edge of the lip of the radiator neck (this is to prevent it from being stolen). Likewise, the two ends of the wire also are tucked under the lip.

It's a flip top - you pull the wire down to flip open the cap.

Yours appears to be NOS so the tabs are not broken off. Usually when you find this particular accessory, the tabs have been broken off as a result of being removed from the radiator neck. Howard Dennis