electronic braking system

Buick Regal GS

i have a 1990 regal gs 3800 with ABS electronic system. anyone have or had problems with ABS light blinking on and off and Parking brake light blinking on and off i hear its the same system in Reatta and Regals im in Lorain,Oh Dealership says bad brake switch and accumulater is bad? any one have idea?

Guest Mc_Reatta

Red light flashing on and off could be low fluid level or out of adjustment parking brake switch as well as weak accumulator or Teves pressure switch.

Do the red and yellow lights come on together or separately?

Yellow alone might be a failing wheel sensor. If you have the Teves system, you should be able to pull the trouble codes:

How To Check ABS Codes - Reatta Owners Journal

level is good ,,yellow light blinks all the time emergency parking brake light first comes on when i use brake peddle then when it used alot in traffic it starts to blink all the time same as yellow light im at the south bend nats hoping to talke to some of the reatta people here,kevin

level is good ,,yellow light blinks all the time emergency parking brake light first comes on when i use brake peddle then when it used alot in traffic it starts to blink all the time same as yellow light im at the south bend nats hoping to talke to some of the reatta people here,kevin

That is the symptoms of a bad accumulator. Take Barney Eaton's Accumulator test to help determine if that is the problem.

Accumulator Testing Instructions - Reatta Owners Journal

Accumulators are available in The Reatta Store at the best price available.

Even though my brakes were somewhat good and I never experienced intermittent lights I went ahead and replaced my accumulator from Ronnies store link. Now the braking is crisp and immediate, no more mush. After so many years, the accumulator was losing it's ability to keep a full vacuum. After a while, the accumulator can't hold enough vacuum to get more than 4 pumps, so the abs/brake will flash as the pump is trying to keep up. I can simulate this if you pump it fast, then both lights will come one no matter how new the accumulator is.