Picture of 1937 Side Mount Support

Does anyone have a detailed close-up picture of the side mount on a 1937 studebaker. I am missing the metal support rod that connects from the cab to the wheel. I need to know what the shape is like so i can re-create it. or, maybe someone has one for sale? Please reply to mail @ shauhin.com

thanks!

SHAUN

I think they were reproduced; pretty sure I've seen them advertised in the Antique Studebaker Review. If you are a member of the Antique Studebaker Club you should be receiving the REVIEW every other month.

If not, contact Jerry Kurtz. He has sold his machine shop business but still produces what he wants and is the total all-around guru regarding all things '37 Studebaker.

Edited by starlightcoupe (see edit history)

Shaun I have been manufacturing side mount parts for a number of years. Don't have any in inventory right now. Which side do you need? I plan on manufacturing a batch soon. Also reproduce the vertical rod out of SS so it don't need plating. jerezstude @ aol.com Jerry Kurtz

ok here is my more specific question. Is the side mount support just a vertical rod that comes out of the fender? The reason i am asking is because there is a 1" hole in the passenger side of my cab that allows for something to screw into it. I am not sure if its for a mirror, antenna or the side mount support. I've seen pictures of someone using it for a side mount support and want to make sure how the factory configuration was.

Thanks,

SHAUN