1982 Rear sway bar

Walt S

Guest TRivownr
Does anyone know a source for rear sway bar bushings and link end kit for an '82?

Most auto parts stores should be able to get these for you. If all else fails, check Rock Auto.com. They have both of them in stock.

Most auto parts stores should be able to get these for you. If all else fails, check Rock Auto.com. They have both of them in stock.

Everyone has parts for the front sway bar, but not the rear.

Rock Auto did not have them listed on their web site, so I called them. They do not carry them.

Energy Suspension has nothing.

Local auto parts stores have none.

National parts stores like Auto Zone and Advance Auto have nothing.

Riviera/Buick parts vendors have nothing.

Vendors dealing with out of stock GM parts don't have them.

Hence, this post. I've run out of options.

You are correct, that bushing is no longer available. I believe there was an article describing how to modify a mid 90's Ford Econoline van sway bar bushing to work as a rear sway bar bushing. Not sure where that article is? Anyway, the Riv bushing has two holes in it and the Ford bushing has one, but the oversized bushing has room to drill the other hole. Should be able to take out the Riv bushing out of your car and bring it down to the local parts store and match it up. I think that is your only option, other than finding a good used one out of the junkyard.