Ford '34 or '36

Guest Nikstokes

Guest Nikstokes

Hey everyone! I'm pretty new to all this. But I'm really excited to start learning.

I've never done a restoration before but I'm looking to restore a 1934 or '36 Ford Coupe. But I'm trying to figure out where I could find a salvaged one in my area. I live in Temecula, about an hour north of San Diego. Does anyone know where I could find a classic car junkyard around me?

You might be better off starting off with a complete car that runs or does not run and begin by restoring that. Would be cheaper and faster in the long run. And probably more beneficial in getting you the experience you will need for a future restoration. You might want to join a Regional Group of the Early Ford V-8 Club of America. The members can be a big help and may even be able to steer you to the right car. Try looking in Hemmings Motor News and on the internet for cars. California is car country so you should be able to find exactly what you are looking for right close by. Good Luck with your project.

Edited by Pomeroy41144 (see edit history)

Finding a 34 or 36 Ford in a junkyard is about as likely as finding a the Hope Diamond at a yard sale. The days of hitting the wrecking yards and buying early Fords ended years ago. Just keep looking and keep saving up your money. Cars people would have passed on for 25 dollars in the 50s are going for 25K today