'24 Dodge exhaust manifold studs

Guest occrj

Guest occrj

I'd like to get in a new set of 3 manifold studs and nuts.

Can anyone help with the spec (threads) that I need to look for?

Richard

Jason, you are right. Myers catalogue lists the exhaust manifold studs - 3 for the 4 cyl engine - at $3.25 each. I guess they are U.N.F.

Richard, if you order several items at a time like I do, you may be interested to learn (if you don't already know) that V.A.T. is charged on everything over £15 and import duty on anything valued in excess of £135. In addition there is a customs "handling charge". When the extra shipping costs are added to the original price it all begins to look a bit expensive!

It's good to see the new stuff go on the car though, I just fitted a new dog bone rad cap and Motometer and it looks great!

Ray.

Guest occrj
Jason, you are right. Myers catalogue lists the exhaust manifold studs - 3 for the 4 cyl engine - at $3.25 each. I guess they are U.N.F.

Richard, if you order several items at a time like I do, you may be interested to learn (if you don't already know) that V.A.T. is charged on everything over £15 and import duty on anything valued in excess of £135. In addition there is a customs "handling charge". When the extra shipping costs are added to the original price it all begins to look a bit expensive!

It's good to see the new stuff go on the car though, I just fitted a new dog bone rad cap and Motometer and it looks great!

Ray.

Yeah I've been stung for VAT and import duty on many occasions :( I'll probably just order some from Myers, but I thought that if I had the specs I could ask around in the UK first.

thanks, RJ

There is a way around those charges. A friend in the States buys the parts and forwards them to G.B., marked as one dollar's worth of "parts" on the international customs form. Payment and shipping would be figured out between both parties.

Ray, I'm not quite sure what rumbled means. By whom? 27dodger, I think the grade 8 bolts would work just fine if not better than some replacement studs. I would cut off the heads and finish the ends for studs. This is probably what you do anyway.

Pete, it would concern me that if customs officials opened the parcel and discovered hundreds of dollars worth of goods inside being imported with a $1 value statement they may take a dim view. I don't know about the U.S.A. but here customs and exise officers have been empowered far beyond their abilities and now have an authority equal to or even exceeding that of the police! I suspect they will be on the look out for valuables coming into the country undr the radar.

Or have I misunderstood your interesting solution.

Ray.

I see your point but import duty is only charged on items valued in excess of £135.00. Sure is a good idea though.

I would be happy to forward funds in advance to cover the purchase of parts if you guys are able to help keep these unfair costs down. Perhaps we could bear this in mind for the future.

At the moment I don't need to buy anything as my car is going well....touch wood!

Ray.