Help ID'ing Steering wheel & how to remove it?

fozz71

If you are referring to the whole steering wheel, first you must remove the light switch at the base of the steering column and pull the horn button and tube out through the top of the steering column. You will probably need to lower the steering column from the dashboard in order to pull the tube all of the way out without damaging it. Then you can remove the steering wheel with a bearing puller and steering wheel puller combination.

There isn't a light switch, just the horn and both spark and throttle adjustments. I don't think either function anymore as the car has had an engine swap for a later engine. Does the horn wire pull, unscrew or come out some other way- in your experience? I tried to wiggle it around today and didn't have any luck. Thanks for the help!

If it is like most steering wheels that I know of, you will probably need to remove the spark and throttle lever. Underneath there will be a nut that will need to be removed. That will allow the steering wheel to be removed from the steering shaft. You will probably need to use a wheel puller to get the steering wheel from the shaft. Can not help on removing the spark/throttle levers as I am not familiar with that particular car.