DL Suspension Question

As I was disassembling my 32 DL for restoration I noticed something odd - at least to me - about the front springs. At the front of the frame, where the spring eyes attach to the frame, there are two different mounting systems on my car. The driver side, with some sort of snubber attachement. Sorry about all the grease, but you get the idea.

IMG_1734_zpsf12f9967.jpg

And the passenger side with no attachemt.

IMG_1738_zps4d2350ba.jpg

Is this correct, or have I lost something along the way?

Guest BretK

I read about it in the Vic 6 bible, but can't remember what it was called, it was a dealer installed factory fix for steering shake.

This is from your DL manual, page 65:

"The front end of the front spring on the steering drag link side is connected to the frame by means of a shock eliminator. This device eliminates the transmitting of road shocks through the springs to the steering gear. The front spring hanger and shock eliminator bolts must be adjusted so as not to cause binding on the sides of the springs or shock eliminator. They should be drawn tight and backed off one-half turn, then locked by the nuts on the ends of the bolts."

There's a lot more about the other spring shackle bolts and how to adjust them.

You have to much time on your hands to look this stuff up.:):)
Oh, but that's the beauty of the Internet...it took NO time at all!

Both Dick and I are classic film buffs (he MUCH more so than I), so all I had to do was dial up YouTube, type in "we don't need no stinking badges" and there were 3 or 4 posted clips to choose from.