Finger joint tooling for 1941 Buick Woody

Guest Stuart Spicer

Guest Stuart Spicer

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy the finger joint tooling machinery for a 1941 Buick Woody?

Best regards

Stuart

We are building '46-48 Buick woodie bodies. We had a carbide cutter made by a local tool grinder. We run it on our milling machine and it works very well indeed and makes precise finger joints. As far as I could find out finger joint cutters are not commercialy available that will cut joints as deep as the originals.

• 6 months later...
Guest oldwagonlover

on the national woodie club site - Henry Ford (author) had some blades made. you should type in finger joint blades on that site and contact him about what you are trying to do. I am looking to do the same thing. I need to figure out how to get registered to speak with him also.

Joe

(510) 427-0488

Stuart- You might also contact Mike of Mikes Woodie World through this forum. His business is restoring Buick woodies(primarily) and he does excellent work. I've seen his work up close and personal and can't speak highly enough about it. He is in California and is willing to help all who have questions about woodies. Mark

Guest Stuart Spicer

Thanks for the leads. In the end we had the finger joint tooling made for us to meet the specifications so if you are looking to get some joints made then I can help!

• 2 weeks later...