What engine in 1931 Buick 4 door sedan

Guest hoonani

Guest hoonani

Need to know what size engine is in my 1931 Buick 4 door sedan. the ID # is 31053 and the body # is 10333. I think the engine is supposed to be a 345.8 cubic inch but just want to be sure. I have either a blown head gasket or a cracked head or block and want to make sure I order the right parts. Will be pulling the heads off this coming weekend. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Philip H Costapost-93057-143141888858_thumb.jpg

You have a 1931 Model 87. There should be a tag on the firewall that has this. The ID should be 31059 not 31053. It has the big engine in it as stated and there have been

a few heads floating around for this should you need one. Nice car.

Al

Guest hoonani

Thanks Bubba,

Went back and checked the numbers again and it was a 31059. I'll start pulling the head off this coming weekend and find out if it's a blown head gasket or a cracked head or block? Thanks for the heads up on the numbers.

Philip H Costa

Guest hoonani

Hey Pete,

This car is the 80 series with the big block (344.5). I'll be pulling the heads off this coming weekend.

Guest hoonani

The car is all original down to the mohair seat covers. The only thing missing on it was the inside window frames. If you hear of anyone selling the frames let me know. I'll take some photos and post it later on ACC in the next week or so. Not looking forward to pulling the heads. Got a 30' Model A too! Getting rid of that to put the money into the Buick. Love that Buick! You'll see why when I post pictures of the whole car.

Phil

Guest hoonani

Does anyone know where I can get a head gasket for a 1931 Buick 80 series 344.5 cubic inch engine?

Phil