tonneau cover

Canadian Poncho

No adjustment, there is a plastic clip that holds it open. yours is either broken or you are not opening it far enough to side into the clip.

You need to inspect the clip. I think it is on the drivers side, and the hinge bracket (round part) snaps into it. You may need a mirror to look of it. There was a discussion and pictures of this part some time back.

You need to inspect the clip. I think it is on the drivers side, and the hinge bracket (round part) snaps into it. You may need a mirror to look of it. There was a discussion and pictures of this part some time back.

Yes, it is on the drivers side and holds into the drivers side hinge.

You can open the tonneau and pull the carpet back around the hinge and see it. No need for mirrors.

Don't recall the details but someone had this part, which was decided by other Reatta owners to be a very early prototype part. The logic was the color and there are machine marks on this part.

The production part on Reatta convertibles is black plastic. The tonneau hinge is round and snaps into the open part. Sometimes they get out of adjustment and the hinge can hit and break one of the sides, after that it will not latch

This might be a good part to attempt to make on the 3D printer.

post-30596-143141888807_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143141888804_thumb.jpg

The production part on Reatta convertibles is black plastic. The tonneau hinge is round and snaps into the open part. Sometimes they get out of adjustment and the hinge can hit and break one of the sides, after that it will not latch

Um, what?

There's no way this thing can get "out of adjustment".

It's made to stay in the one place, and one place only.

Not to mention its white on production cars too.

Probably another thing my convertible would get deducted in 400pt. Along with my tan cloth top, 16" rims and color keyed headliner.

post-62980-143141888809_thumb.png

Last fall my son made me a reproduction of those clips. With my convertibles put away for the winter, I was not able to try it. I will do so, today or tomorrow and should have some available.