1905 FORD (CANADIAN BUILT)

dei

After going through and sorting my car picture albums, thought I'd post a few pictures of this car that I have been around (not my families) since I was a kid and you might enjoy seeing.

This 1905 Ford Model C was owned by a member of our local Car Club and was built in Walkerville, Ontario Canada (now Windsor). While I'm not sure of how he became owner (or actually when), I remember seeing it running on many local meets back in the late 60's and early 70's. The unique aspect of this car, not only the rarity, is that it was produced from the factory with the option of converting it into a touring, a pickup or a roadster as the owner desired with the appropriate purchased accessories.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves here. They were taken in our Museum where it had been on display for many, many years but sadly, the man has passed away, the family removed it and the car's whereabouts is not known at this time.

A real time piece. Enjoy.

Doug

BCA# 35069

post-36036-143141815041_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143141815057_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143141815076_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143141815094_thumb.jpg

The 1903-'09 Early Ford Registry, affiliated with both the Horseless Carriage Club of America and the Model T Ford Club of America, has an excellent and active website. The 1903-1909 Early Ford Register, Inc. I can't imagine that so nice a Model C Ford has dropped off the face of the earth. An inquiry to that website, or to the HCCA website (hcca.org), might turn up its present location.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

Thanks Guys for the replies.

It indeed is a beauty. What you see in my pictures from 2007 is just how I remember it back in the late 60's and looking close at the body & paint plus the axles, guessing that it was an early restoration say in the 50's?

If I come across more pictures I think I might have some when he brought it to the Willistead Classic Car Show here in Windsor (held at Chandler Walker's home, of Hiram Walker & Sons Distillery) with his closest friend as by then he was almost blind but when I introduced myself, remembered my Dad from the Car Club and his 1920 Overland which I am proud to say I now own. (Lots of pictures, too little time)

Gil, thanks for the link to the Early Ford site. I might try and post an inquiry only to see but.... not to cause any issues with the family. I had heard that there was another 1905 out in California when this one was about to be moved out and with only 107 produced, just how many can still exist? So....

I do know, living so close to the Henry Ford Museum, that it is not on display there (yet?).

Still in all, a wonderful example of our car heritage!

Doug

BCA# 35039

• 2 weeks later...

Alex.B,

Thanks for your interest. Yes I indeed have seen this. I just do not seem to be in the know (or the click) on what has happened to this fantastic piece of history.

Someday.....

Doug

BCA# 35039