Visiting Sweden

60FlatTop

I just saw an invitation to visit Sweden in the thread about '56 Master cylinder conversions. If anyone is wondering what it would be like to go to a Cruise Night in Sweden here is one from Tidaholm, Sweden that a friend sent a few years ago. Thanks to Jarl Hedlund, the man who owns more 1959 Oldsmobiles than any sane person I have known:

Index of /xjs/Dir5/Tidaholm (skip the first three).

Bernie

Guest Rob McDonald

WOW, it's a wonder that there are any fine old cars left in North America. The Swedes do have a fondness for American iron and take very good care of what they import. Notice there are no 24" wheels or slammed chassis to be seen? What a great looking town, too.

I have either sold or helped with the shipping of about 25 cars to the port of Gutenberg over the years. Here is a fine old Cadillac that a friend sent over. I got the pictures right before it left. Them Swedes are braver than me!

a0015.JPGa0016.JPG Bernie

It was really hard to get past 3minutes and 15 seconds.

Being in the inner circle I know the reason for the shortage of Fords in Sweden. The salt air in the holds of ships turns them into little rust piles. GM's make the trip with ease.

Bernie