Riviera Horn Bar for Wood Steering Wheel

Guest Artic64

Guest Artic64

Hello,

Does anyone have information for a Horn Bar for the Wood Steering Wheel? I am looking for a reproduction or an original (tough I know). Any information will be helpful.

Thanks,

Trent

Just a side note about the horn bars; I think I bought the last NOS one from GM stock around 1980.

As I remember it cost something like $17. It took about three months for it to come in. Thanks to the patience of the crew at Bennett Buick in Wayland, New York it is on my car today.

Another anecdotal story is my AM/FM radio. When I bought the '64 Riviera in the spring of 1978 I took it to Traugott Buick in Brockport, New York to have the CV joint greased. I didn't have my trusty needle adapter yet, but I knew from experience the importance of a couple of squirts.

While in the shop I noticed and old showroom radio display on the workbench providing music for Lynn and Fred, the lead mechanics. It was a decorated wood box holding a '65 AM/FM radio, just the knobs were different. I asked the guys what it would take to pilfer that radio from the bench. They just wanted music and appreciated more room on the bench. I ran up to the Big N (Neisner's), bought a radio and we were all happy.

Some neat stories over the years.

Bernie

Guest Artic64
Do an archive search. "Buickbonehead" is reproducing them. I bought one from him. It's not an exact repo but you'd be hard pressed to tell. It's NOT pot metal. :)

I spoke him already and there is an unusual circumstance surrounding the production of the horn bars and he is unable to get them right now. He is the last know guy to get them made, unless someone else chimes in and lets me know. Gene in Philly isn't doing it either.

I am out of the business on both the hornbars and the horncaps, at least for now. My metal guy has closed his shop due to medical conditions and I don't know if he will be able to continue production of my items. His first priority is to his family and his health and rightfully so. I pray he has a full recovery.

I am sold out of all inventory. I don't want to spend the money with a new metal guy. It takes many attempts and hours of head scratching to get these items right. That basically means R&D all over again.

Thanks to all those who have purchased from me.

Rick