NEED HELP WITH MY 1924 DODGE

Guest loucher_90

Guest loucher_90

Hi there, I have recently acquired a 1924 Dodge and do not really know to much about them. I cannot find any info on the internet and was just curious if ANYONE could help me out in locating the dipstick on the engines. I know this may sound like a strange question but not sure where else to look for info.

Thank you

Ryan

Guest occrj

JayG has replied to you via dirtydanms' new thread about his '24, basically there is no dipstick as such, just a floating level stick.

Do you have any photos to hand of your '24? it'd be interesting to see it if possible.

rgds, Richard

Guest loucher_90
post-92050-143141804076_thumb.jpgThis is it, it was my grandfaters and was passed down to my dad. We just pulled it out of storage, we know it used to run back in 1994 but since then we have stored it with our boat and has never been ran since. Reapacing all the fluids and putting in a new battery into it to see if the old girl will run for us. Looking to sell it after get it's running and all up to par, have no idea what there worth. Just know how much my grandfather bought it for but didnt look like this when he got it. I know the bumpper and part arownd the rad are fresh crome and new rubber on the back tires, wood spokes have been refinnished aswell. Any info in these car would be great as i don't know anything about them at all.

That IS a great car! Have you tried to find any books that may have been put in a desk or in the car somewhere? The 8-1/2" X 5-1/2" "Book Of Information" is a must for the Dodge owner. It came with each car when new. It's about 120 pages with pictures. It is also termed the Owner's manual. You can learn boatloads about your car with that little book. Myer's Early Dodge Parts sell reprints and also Romar's Dodge Parts too. Both good people to know. Good luck with the sedan.

Guest loucher_90

Thanks Pete K, as far as i know right now there is not an origanal ''Book Of Information'' in the car or laying around the house. Looking into buying the mecanical instructional book to make work alot easier and take the guessing game out of it. If you guys are interested i can take a bunch more pics of the car for you to look at.

Yup! That's where I store things like the tools and crank. Book may be there too. I know I would like to see more of that sedan. An engine compartment shot would be much appreciated!! If the car hasn't been drained of fuel since '94, or even '04 for that matter, shine a flashlight beam into tank to first confirm you've got a clean tank. Back when that car was restored, fuel was different. Folks would use a sloshing compound, or "tank sealer" that is now NOT COMPATIBLE with the re-formulated gas. When "new gas" is used now, the sealer turns to a thick sludge that is the WORST job to deal with. Don't ask me how I learned this. If you see a clean, shiny tank, go to church next Sunday.