vent window frame question on a 36

Guest born2lose

Guest born2lose

does anyone know if the vent window frames on the front door of a 36 buick are interchangable between a 2 door and 4 door? i have a chance to get some already plated 4 door ones to put on my 2 door coupe

From the 1928 to 1941 Buick Master Parts of Body Parts: No.

They have different part numbers. But does not mean they will not fit

4 door = model 364419 Part 10.650 part 4058864 Ventilator assembly

2 dr 46S = model 364477 Part 10.650 part 4058862 Ventilator assembly

The 1928 to 1941 Buick Master Parts Books of Chassis Parts and Body Parts are worth buying

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

If you find these won't work for you would like the contact information as it sounds as if I could use on my 36 four door. I have the parts but an upgrade in condition would be great. If you need any measurements let me know as mine are not presently mounted so could help with photos/measurements.

Rod

Give me a couple of days and I'll post photo. Not sure exactly what you mean. I assume you're just saying take the curve out and measure straight up to the intersecting lines of top and bottom. Will do that as well. I'll post probably this weekend.

Rod

post-32309-143141801594_thumb.jpg

Attached photo-realize not the best but let me know what additional photo/measurements you may need. Hopefully this will help. Measurements of square difficult because of the the angles. If this won't work for your application let me know as I would be interested in purchasing.

Rod

I have several 35-36 GM cars, Pontiacs, Chevys and Buick... Coupes, 2dr sedans and 4dr sedans...The coupes and 2dr sedans have the same front vent window..The 4dr sedan vent window is approx. 2" shorter in width...Coupes and 2dr sedan(approx. 11 7/8") 4dr sedan(approx. 9 7/8")....Hope this helps..