Removing Door 32 Olds

Guest vacabill

Guest vacabill

I've searched on here and can't find any info on how to remove doors with outside hinges, the manual states using a special tool which is no longer around, so how do I remove the door without dinging the hinge or door and a side ? what do you guys use for insulation or deadening material in the door instead of the tarpaper

[ATTACH=CONFIG]181747[/ATTACH]

I would recommend just removing the hinge retainer screws either on the post or the door itself. Early GM cars should have long screws with a small head and possibly wood screws in the door frame. I also recommend removing the tarpaper on the inside of the door and spraying the inside with 3M Bodyshutz or using a product like dynamat. The bodyshutz will not give an edge to hold water like the stick on products will. If the hinges are secure in the body ,you might try popping the pins out by tapping from the bottom with a small round pin punch.

On my Plymouth 4 door, the 3 hinges were soundly secured and I removed the pins as jpage said. Just like removing/replacing a door in your house. This make hinge removal much easier without the weight. I used nothing special in door for insulation.

Good luck,

frank

If the pins are stuck there is a couple of things to try.

One is to use a G cramp as detailed in the article below found on the Internet and the other way is to grind the head off the pin with a Dremel tool, drill down into the pin about 1/2 an inch and fill the cavity with PB Blaster or similar. wait for a couple of days and the punch the pin downwards to get it out.

Hinge Pin Removal

Guest vacabill
If the pins are stuck there is a couple of things to try.

One is to use a G cramp as detailed in the article below found on the Internet and the other way is to grind the head off the pin with a Dremel tool, drill down into the pin about 1/2 an inch and fill the cavity with PB Blaster or similar. wait for a couple of days and the punch the pin downwards to get it out.

Hinge Pin Removal

That C clamp looks like the one in the manual

Thanks everyone