55 Buick Pictures, Update and need some help

Guest btate

See below, first pictures are an update of the progress of the car, The first question is about the rear trunk light. This is the assembly that I have and was installed in the car when I got it. It seems to line up with the holes on the upper left hand side of the trunk lid. However I was now told it mounts more to the center of the truck near the key, but is this the right lamp? It wants to stay on all the time, is there a mercury switch or was there a contact switch? Last question is about the seat picture at the end, where exactly do the 4 seat bumpers go, can somebody post a picture of an original location. Do they go on the far extremes or close to each other?

sideview_zpsf52521d3.jpg

Quarterview_zps36271fdc.jpg

front_zps2df47e4e.jpg

interior_zps48114bcc.jpg

acvents_zps68e517ba.jpg

Nailhead_zpscc39f0c3.jpg

trunklightmounted_zpsbb1d18ed.jpg

TrunkLamp_zps268d3f45.jpg

trunklightapart_zpse9f5e310.jpg

seatbumpers_zps9a4d189e.jpg

Thanks, my Iphone usually takes better pictures that shown, but for some reason didn't do very well today. It is a rear Vintage A/C unit.

Bill

http://forums.aaca.org/f162/1955-trunk-lid-light-324324.html

This should help with the trunk light.

My 2 door car (convertible) is away from home...hopefully someone will look at their 2 door 54-55-56 to see where the seat bumpers are oriented.

Thanks for the pictures: a very nice and tastefully personalized and dependable car retaining the original spirit...much better than the SBC that you were originally considering.

Willie

Willie, I called the upholster and he explained the location of bumpers. One goes on the bottom of seat and one goes on the back rest. Are mates to each other. He said look for screw holes and I found them. Did you ever find an interior trim mold at center of windshield? We took the heater switch apart and cleaned and now works well. Heater blower works. I fixed the glove box light and as of this afternoon finished under the dash. We finish up the bumpers tomorrow plus install trunk gasket. Got to find two oil leaks and a transmission leak. Did you say on the passenger side at the area which protrudes down with a bolt pointing down ( also same on driver side) passenger side leaks transmission fluid--- did you say you thought there was a bracket that bolts on the one on passenger side. My bolt may have hit bottom and not tight enough. What was the bracket I need to bolt here.

For those who don't know, Paul is the Director of the Lower Hudson Valley Chapter of the BCA, and this picture above hardly does his 56 justice. Pauls car is 10 years in the making and is powered by a 401 and moved by a 4 speed. It is cool to see that these two cars are close in color.