Crosley Farm-o-Road

Guest poolmike

Guest poolmike

Some of the progress....

The frame and most of the chassis parts have been stripped and painted.

th_DSC_0146_zpsfe9c45c6.jpg th_DSC_0147_zpsf86784ab.jpg

The grill bars were cut out by the previous owner.

th_DSC_0145_zpsc59b4ebd.jpg

The dump bed....

th_DSC_0140_zps5cdd0aba.jpg

Guest poolmike

Today's project was to fabricate the grill bars. Almost done, just need some more time with the grinder and filler rod.

th_DSC_0219-1_zpsf5face6e.jpg

Here is quick video that I took of the project.

Edited by poolmike (see edit history)

Guest poolmike
Looks like your making great progress. Keep us updated. Are you a member of the Crosley Club?

Dale

I've never been much of club person, but I might join. Haven't decided if this car is going to be a keeper or not. Too many projects and this one found me at the wrong time....but I like it. I was trying to get this car for a few years when I had time to deal with it and the owner decided to give it up now when I have other things going on. I wasn't going to pass it up. If I keep it, something else in the stable has to go.

Guest poolmike
Looks like you have two drivetrains there Mike You should have no problem selecting the good parts. It looks like quite the puzzle. If you're a newbie to the make, it could be quite challenging...and interesting.

I am a hardcore Cummins diesel swap guy. I love to convert antique trucks to diesel. This bone-stock restoration thing is all new to me, but fun. The only thing saving this little Crosley from becoming my next FrankenCar is the fact that there are so few out there. ;-)

I am the FarmOroad advisor and keeper of the FOR registry for the Crosley Auto Club. I would be happy to try to answer questions if you have them. I would like to record your serial number and name and rough location in our registry.

You may find this link helpful if you haven't already found it.

<Details on FarmOroad>

Feel free to contact me directly at Jim@Bollman.com

Guest poolmike
I am the FarmOroad advisor and keeper of the FOR registry for the Crosley Auto Club. I would be happy to try to answer questions if you have them. I would like to record your serial number and name and rough location in our registry.

You may find this link helpful if you haven't already found it.

<Details on FarmOroad>

Feel free to contact me directly at Jim@Bollman.com

Thanks Jim. FR127 is our victim.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest poolmike

Haven't updated this in a while. The main body tub is painted and installed. I made a major mistake with the engine by over-tightening the crankshaft pulley, resulting in damaged timing gears. Barry Seal has the engine now, he can work his magic and make it right. Slight delays... Anywho, still have to figure out how to assemble the dump bed mechanism. I'll work on that while the engine is out.