New member, new Riviera, a few questions

46Chris

Hi,

New ROA member here. I finally found a nice survivor '64 in Wedgewood blue, an OR car that had been brought back to Flint MI when I found it. I'll share pictures shortly. I've had Rivieras on my mind since I was 11, when I got an Aurora slotcar setup for Christmas that came with a '63 Rivi and a '63 T-Bird. Took me only another 50 years or so to get around to finding one, but that's how it goes sometimes. I bought the car sight-unseen, but I had a long conversation with the seller and felt pretty good. Now that its here, I feel really, really good. Straight, solid, well maintained 97k mi car with original paint and interior. At first glance seems to need very little besides choke pull-off, power steering hose, a spare tire and some polishing. Well optioned with AC, AM/FM, power antenna, power windows and driver seat, remote trunk release. I'm not that familiar with other options that the car might have (besides the bigger motor), so I'm looking forward to learning more as I go. My mechanic has already named it "the Moonshiner". He says all it needs is another carburetor... I've decoded as much of the data plate as I can, but the last line eludes me: EXT-2K-4F-5W. Hoping I can get some help with this.

Thanks, Chris

Guest slacker1965
Hi,

New ROA member here. I finally found a nice survivor '64 in Wedgewood blue, an OR car that had been brought back to Flint MI when I found it. I'll share pictures shortly. I've had Rivieras on my mind since I was 11, when I got an Aurora slotcar setup for Christmas that came with a '63 Rivi and a '63 T-Bird. Took me only another 50 years or so to get around to finding one, but that's how it goes sometimes. I bought the car sight-unseen, but I had a long conversation with the seller and felt pretty good. Now that its here, I feel really, really good. Straight, solid, well maintained 97k mi car with original paint and interior. At first glance seems to need very little besides choke pull-off, power steering hose, a spare tire and some polishing. Well optioned with AC, AM/FM, power antenna, power windows and driver seat, remote trunk release. I'm not that familiar with other options that the car might have (besides the bigger motor), so I'm looking forward to learning more as I go. My mechanic has already named it "the Moonshiner". He says all it needs is another carburetor... I've decoded as much of the data plate as I can, but the last line eludes me: EXT-2K-4F-5W. Hoping I can get some help with this.

Thanks, Chris

nice!!!! they are only original once. hope to see pix. pls enjoy your new ride

ks

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the ROA! And thanks for joining....I had the same Aurora slot car set! If I recall correctly there was/is also a Mercedes SL. I still have it or should I say what is left of it. Your Fisher body tag decodes as follows:

E Tinted glass-All

X Power windows

T 4-way power seat

2K A/C

4F Remote control outside mirror

5W Seat belts with retractors

Keep in mind these are only the options which Fisher Body was responsible for when making the body. Other options may have and most likely were installed by Buick at the time of assembly. Hope this helps,

Tom Mooney

P.S. This info is available on the ROA website...check it out.

Congrats on the new car, looking forward to seeing pics. BTW, all 64's came standard with the 425 single carb motor, and for the first time, had an optional 425 Dual Quad Super Wildcat available. In 65 the base motor went back to a 401, then a 425 single carb option, and a 425 Dual Quad Super Wildcat option.