1924 buick 4 cylinder rear axle

Guest petew

Has anybody got a right hand side drive shaft plus hub to suit wooden wheel? Also has anybody infomation on how to remove the driveshaft.

Thankyou for any help you can give.

Pete

If it's anything like a 6 cyl. rear end, you just remove the 6? acorn nuts on the wheel hub and the shaft slides right out.

Sometimes 1924 driveshafts appear on eBay. I think they keep getting relisted. Don't know if they're 4 cyl. or 6 cyl. size.

On a '23 6 cylinder the shaft and hub have a taper and are very difficult to sepparate, and really you don't want to or need to. Just remove the 6 acorn nuts around the hub and pull the hub and shaft out as one. I have some recollection that the large nut that does hold the shaft to the hub is lefthand on one side of the car, check the exposed threads. Again, this is for a '23 6 cyl, not 100% sure on a '24 4cyl..

While we are on the subject. Anyone have a spare set of just the hubs to fit a '23 6 cylinder?

When I put my Buick on the tow dolly (not often) it would be slick to pull both hub/shaft assemblies, install just a lone hub and then only the wheel and bearing turn.

1924 4cyl.model are totaly different from 6cyl model.But the good things is that you can use 4cyl. 1923 and 1924 drive shaft both left and right side.But you need to remove the rear axle from the car. Then share the rear axle in the middle.But before you share the rear axle check that the outer bearings on each side are strait comparing with the other side.Use a water spirit to see if the bearings are in strait angel.4cyl .model are very week just inside the outer bearings.

Leif in Sweden