Buick book

Guest buckfarmer

I want to get a good history of Buick book. Any suggestions? And where to purchase? Want to get a gift.

I have a Seventy Years of Buick book, and it's a excellent hardcover book. I can't sell mine, but see if you can find one maybe on e-Bay. It's 350 pages and covers all models from the early 1900's through 1973 with pictures of all the body styles and a lot of info.

kaycee

I just checked on this book. Amazon wants about $135.00 ,and there's one on e-Bay for $98.00 +$4.00 shipping. On e-Bay, just type in Seventy years of Buick, and it'll turn up as a "Buy it Now". Expensive gift, but well worth it if you have a good friend. I'm glad that I purchased mine when they were stil in print!

kaycee

Have a look here http://forums.aaca.org/f115/buick-owners-bookshelf-197781.html and here http://forums.aaca.org/f165/buick-books-etc-256224.html for some of what is available

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

The Buick: A Complete History by Dunham & Gustin. There are several editions and the 6th edition, 2005, is the last so far as I know. In my view it is the benchmark for Buick history.

Amazon has a used for $99.95 + $3.95.

I didn't realise my copy is so valuable!

The Buick, A Complete History is the one you want for history of the make. If you interest is more for the technical specs, for each year, Krause Publications "Standard Catalog of Buick" is a soft bound book. The one I have is the 3 edition and goes from 1903 to 2004, there may be a later version. They go by KP Books and the cover price was $24.95

Just checked Krause online and did not find the above book, it may be out of print. They do have spec books for assorted year Buicks. Here is link http://www.krausebooks.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=buick

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Unless you really must have the info from 1987 and newer, you want to get a first or second edition. The newer version has been produced from scans of the earlier book and then produced on a quick print press. The quality of the book is not as good on the newer edition.

Bob

Guest Texas Old Car Guy
When looking for any book online I always use a site that does a search across all the major (and not so major) booksellers websites. A search of that website has copies of "Seventy Years of Buick" for $30 and up depending on condition:

AddALL Used and Out of Print book search

Thanks,

Michael: I just clicked your link and it pulled up five copies of "Seventy Years of Buick" for $30 each from different sources.

Great resource - thanks.

Fred