FS 55 Roadmaster for project/parts

wex65

UPDATE: Car is located near to Shepherdstown, WV...about an hour from DC and close to the PA and MD borders.

Long story but in essence I am needing to clear out this vehicle in the next 2-3 weeks as I have purchased a surprise Christmas gift for my wife (unless she checks out the AACA!), an MGA, and need the space.

I had bought this car in the early summer with every intention of turning it into a 'project' but a 55 Special, a Model A and life in general have gotten in the way. c'est la vie...

First the bad news, the car has no engine/transmission and the hood will need replacing. That aside it is complete. It has new front suspension, a brand new exhaust system and brand new front door glass (not installed).

The interior is OK although the bodywork could do with a little TLC. Please note door handles whilst not visible in photos ARE included.

Exhaust system and door glass alone don't come far from making up the purchase price.

First offer over $500 gets the car...

Priority is for car to be picked up in next two weeks.

This REALLY is a bargain...

post-85740-143139283386_thumb.jpg

post-85740-143139283394_thumb.jpg

post-85740-1431392834_thumb.jpg

post-85740-143139283406_thumb.jpg

post-85740-143139283412_thumb.jpg

Edited by wex65 (see edit history)

Guest chef orazio

Hello, do you have the JAck and Lug wrench that I can buy? I have a 56 Roadmaster and I beleive that would be the same Jack and Lug wrench as the 55.

let me know... Thank You

Guest chef orazio

Hello and thank you, that is great information... Thank you for the photo, i just saved and printed so I have at my desk. Where can I look? Also I have been lokking high and Low for ROADMASTER trunk Letters for my 56 Roadmaster... Any hints?

Thank you so much for your help Chef O

Guest Rob McDonald

CHEF, Buick used the same jack in 1957. I don't have a spare one but this might help you find it by broadening your search.

Guest chef orazio

Hello Rob, always excited to see fellow Canadians on here... I am originally from Thunder Bay Ontario, worked in Ottawa for a while before moving to the USA in 2005. I worked with a Chef Rob McDonald back in the 80's...

If you hear or see a Foot Operated Frame Jack anywhere, please let me know... I am also looking for the "A" and "E" letters for my 56 Roadmaster Trunk..

Thank you, Go Oilers...

Guest Rob McDonald

So, Vanna, you'd like to buy a vowel... or two? I'm hoping to pick up a pair of very complete but very shabby '57 Buicks this winter. One will probably serve as a parts car for the other. If there's a spare original-type jack, I'll let you know.

Wifey is still trying to get up off the floor, laughing, after seeing my name in the same sentence as the word "chef". Okay, so I don't cook but I do unload the dishwasher. Sometimes.

Sorry for this extended highjack, WEX. Come on, people, someone needs to buy this motorless beauty. Just put it out behind the garage and you can play "drive-in movie" with your sweetie.

post-59990-143139285296_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rob McDonald (see edit history)

Alas, if it were only a 2 door....B

Alas, if it were only a 54....

In fact my mind started pondering....would it be easier to transplant the 55's nice french curved roofline onto a '54 or transplant the front clip and rear quarter quarters from a 54 onto the 55. I have spare engines and trasmissions for breathing new life into it. Just not enough years left for all the projects I already have much less adding another.

Hope you get a good price for it, certainly worth more than the 5C you were asking, in MrE's humble opinion

Well, I have had a ton of interest in the Roadmaster with 70 people watching the listing. Judging by the emails I have been seeing it seems like lots of people have a spare 322 in their workshops!?! At least five people say they have a spare engine and need the car to put it in...

Seems like it will go to a good home.

Paul