1938 Buick Special Parts

jeff

Trying to find a home for some '38 Special parts, and avoid scrapping them. Take a look at my posting on Buy / Sell.

Doesn't anybody want a spare cylinder head - FREE! (pickup req'd) It would make a nice coffee table, with some legs and a glass top.

Jeff

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I have been really busy with work, and unable to check in on the forum.

I have two trim rings, and about six or eight hubcaps. All of them have small issues here and there, some better than others. The reason I have so many hubcaps, is that on trips to Hershey, I would buy hubcaps when I found them, hoping to upgrade what is on the car. So, the best four are on my car (even they have issues!) and the ones I set aside are available. I suppose the chromed "skin" has to be removed from the core, then plated and reassembled. (has anyone out there done this?)

Let me know what level of parts you are looking for, and I will let you know if I can help.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I need two wheel trims in good condition, I have two which are dented, and also two hubcaps better than two of mine which are scratched and dull

Big plus +

I urgently need two wheel rims for a 1937 46 Coupe which is going on a rally in South America and we have problems with spare wheels

Regards

David

Guest Grant Magrath
Hi Jeff,I need two wheel trims in good condition, I have two which are dented, and also two hubcaps better than two of mine which are scratched and dullBig plus +I urgently need two wheel rims for a 1937 46 Coupe which is going on a rally in South America and we have problems with spare wheelsRegardsDavid
There's a guy here in New Zealand who can make any hubcap using a skin type design. He must be a tool and die maker or something. I've seen his work, and it's not too bad! I'll see if I can find his details.CheersGrant

There's a guy here in New Zealand who can make any hubcap using a skin type design. He must be a tool and die maker or something. I've seen his work, and it's not too bad! I'll see if I can find his details.Cheers Grant
Received my copy of Beaded Wheels today. From For Sale:-

Hupcaps : any problem contact me.... Dave Patten Replica Manufacturing. Email: dave.patten at wise.net.nz

Replica Hubcaps Home (has an image of '38 Buick)

I think he bought this business from someone in the middle of the North Island [ Les from Taupo - Rotarua ? ]

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

David,

Give me your e-mail address (here or on a PM), and I will try to capture the condition of my trim rings and hub caps this weekend with a few photos.

Regarding your wheels, for my '38, I also needed wheels - finally found some when I realized I could expand my search to (I think) 1941 - or maybe later. The hub cap retaining clips have to be the same, as well as the bolt pattern, etc. Up to 1941 or so, this will be the case.

Jeff