Parting out old Buick

Guest 31DH

That's sort of my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Rosthern. I had an aunt and uncle who had farmed near Handel. They retired to North Battleford and he was custodian at the COCJ girls school.

I have a similar hulk of a 1926 model 20...saved it from a crusher a couple years ago. At least one friend wants me to turn it into a speedster or a truck...it will most likely get parted when I can get it inside and together. I was supposed to get the transmission tower for someone on here, but haven't gotten to removing it...it was a pretty busy summer.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

31DH:

There will be 3 openings. Looking from the rear on far left will be the fuel pick up line. Just a brass hex nut that secures the fuel line. Towards the center should be a knurled collar if it survived. It will take some finness to get these apart without destroying what is there.

under the collar would be a glass lens (probably broken) and gaskets. The gage is what I need. A round brass sphere with some markings

attached to a rod then to a cork float. The least I can hope for is enough pieces to develop paterns to fabricate the broken pieces.

Thank you :

Larry

post-79073-143139283139_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143139283125_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Classicjerry

31DH,

Since it has been determined what you have may be a 26, I have a few parts that we need:

Hood complete

One hood shelf(piece that hood latch bolts to and bottom flange of hood rests on)

Front and rear bumper brackets(Some - we have some, but I think we are missing some as well

Spark plug cover for master

Do you have any of these?? We are located in Michigan. We may need other parts as well, but this is what I know of now

Jerry