Six Buick's going to scrap

Guest Dabber

A couple of week's ago I posted six Buick's from 1937 through 1983. I've had a lot of great advice from some of the members and really appreciated it.

Unfortunately, because I've not had any serious takers, it appears most of my lot will wind up in the scrap heap or going to someone who just wants to part them out or scrap them. It really bothers me no one could nurse them back to health.

I want to thank everyone who replied to my ad and I've really met some extraordinarily helpful members and enthusiasts.

I wish everyone the best and thank you all again for your help and advice.

Dabber, sorry to hear there hasn't been a lot of interest in the cars. There are certainly some interesting project cars there but the problem is, just like everything else, money is tight and it's a very slow market for project cars. The wealthy still have money to buy at Barret Jackson auctions and high end markets like that but no one has the bucks to spend on restoring such cars as these.

I have been watching the 55 and would love to have a lil 3 speed Cdan even if it is a fitty fibe. I saw that at one time you had it on Craigslist also. I assumed it had sold. If not and if you are in no big hurry to for it to be gone I will pm you an offer that is at least more than scrap.

I agree the circumstances are sad when many of these cars would make fine projects. It's in your hands of course but ebay auctions, started at $400 (crusher price in most places) would get new homes for most of these cars. I think that Craigs List works for some cars but a lot of cars fall through the cracks because of the high turnover of cars each day.

With ebay, you know that people looking for the cars are going to put eyeballs on them, get interested and bid.

The 55 Special 2 door sedan, 3 speed MUST BE saved. Very rare but more importantly - look at the photos. Blow them up and you will see a pretty much straight car, surface rust with a nice dash and door panels, decent chrome.

The other special car I see is that 69 Electra 2 door hardtop. A soapy solution would clean up that interior. I see no rips in the front seat, door panel looks fantastic needing the mold cleaned off and the dash is spectacular. Beautiful formal rear window on these 69's. This car needs saved.

Can someone at least let Ken at Wheatbelt know about these cars? He may be interested if close to crusher price.

• 2 weeks later...