hello, new here looking at my first early truck, (mdl t and A)

Guest tksford

Guest tksford

hello, i'm looking for a good place to find some information on the ford model t and model a trucks, I have been looking at a few around me from 1925-1932, but a couple struck me kind of sweet, looked at a 27 Convertible Pickup and a closed cab 1930, but I do not know much about these old trucks, what to look for to be sure what I am buying, so I held off and thought I nbetter ask where to go find some informaiton, I do not want to get taken so to speak, and even being a tech for years, these are a tad before my time <g>

thank you in advance pointing me in the right direction!

tom

Tom, you may want to get in touch with MAFCA( Model A Restorers Club of America) or MARC( Model A Restorers Club) and ask if there is a chapter in your area.You can google them on the internet. If so,contact the chapter and I'm sure you'll find someone who will be willing to go and look at a vehicle with you for an accurate evaluation! I don't know much about "T's" but know a good bit about "A's". Are you looking for a pickup truck or a commercial(heavy) truck. Parts for both T's and A's are readily available but chassis parts are harder to find for the heavy trucks. A's are more driveable than T's in the pickup as an A can cruise between 45 and 50 mph. Both vehicles are definitley two passenger only! I had a '28 A roadster pickup for years and loved it! Problem is, that today everyone thinks their A is worth 20 - 25 thousand regardless of condition. You'll see a lot of half*#!? "restorations" on Ebay for way too much money. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or call me at 814-341-2461 Jim