1936 Dodge paint

35cz8

Now contact BASF, turn it around upon yourself. .................There apparently IS a group here that is very interested AND would appreciate all the research time and data immeasurably!.............Spend the hours of time that it would take to gather all of this data, get your friends involved ( other 36 owners ) have them get the formulas for their own cars.

The BASF site is no help for the "commoner". Here is the response I got from them after trying to register to be able to see the data on their fairly convoluted site.

"Though a lot of information is available without a login & password

complete access to our website is provided to BASF users only. Please

provide us with the name & phone # of you jobber and/or BASF Sales Rep.

Thank you,

Refinish Support"</pre>

So, without having a jobber or BASF Sales Rep you are out of luck.

You guys will have to try the TCP Global site. They are more "open to business" I guess.

• 2 months later...

Just an update to my project. We have been having some cold weather and snow for the last month so progress has been at a stand still. Today, one of my neighbors brought over his shop heater so he, my oldest grandson and I spent the afternoon working on the old Dodge. I think I may have found a good sample of the original paint and it is very close to a clean 1936 Dodge paint chip chart. We finished removing the dash, windshield, and the rest of the interior. We also stripped everything from the firewall. Once we were down to the bare body, we removed the body to frame bolts (that was a project in itself) and split the body from the frame. My next project is to make up some sawhorses, find some strong helpers and lift the body. I hope to lift the body by next week. I was sure glad to find some original paint, that will make life easier.