New to Forum - 67' Rivera

Guest 67Riv

Hello all,

Proudly purchased my first Rivera a few weeks ago. I look forward to picking everyone's brain! Purchased the car off eBay and I am going through it mechanically and it keeps bringing good news. A few odds and ends, new transmission mount, drivers door wouldn't open.... All minor stuff!

Looking for some white walls to fit the factory 15" wheels and options for lowering the car - would love suggestions!post-88915-143139221913_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

post-88915-143139221884_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your superior taste in cars. You'll find a helpful bunch of people here. Now that you own the best, why not join the Riviera Owners Association, we have technical advisors for your '67, both by phone and email.

Again, welcome

Jim Wright

ROA #2

Congratulations on your first Riviera! Thanks to another member on this forum I checked into Hankook Optima tires P225-75R15 and found the best price at Discount Tires and for the white sidewall at $74.00 each. This should be the correct width of the whitewall. Check out their website: Search: Tires Size 225 / 75 / 15

Also, if you print off the webpage and take it to their stores, they will honor the web price which is cheaper. Good luck with your Riviera!

just a thought-checkout what the lowerd riv thread sayes.i lowerad mine and put 225/70/15 coopers with 3/4 inch whitewall.ive got a 64 with 75s on it-the 70s looked small to me but theve grown on me-now the 64s look to big-just me-probroble have to do something with spedo gears but going with 700 overdrive trany anyway.t.nugent roa 12969....

Welcome to the AACA Riviera Owners Association forum 67Riv. Nice choice of Riviera. Congratulations on the purchase. Tell us a little more about it.

You will find that some information is available here on the forum but its a fraction of what is available to members of ROA. Rivieras have few reproduction parts so that makes networking for parts sources more important compared to say owners of Mustangs or Camaros where you can build a whole car out of reproduction parts. Same goes for aftermarket tech info. There are no restoration manuals for any year Riv.

Your first money spent on the car should be a 1967 Buick Chassis Service Manual. A 67 Fisher Body manual is also a good choice but the Chassis manual is an absolute must.

make sure to check that center driveshaft support bearing while your replacing that mount. hard to see and inspect. always take a gas sample, it really hurts to chase a tune up for the perfect running car just to find out it has bad gas or water over time. check your carb mixture these 430s love to crack manifolds.